Epoxy Screeds are commonly used in heavy industries because of its high strength & impact resistance.
For advice or a free quote – Call 01922 473582 – Solutions to every Flooring Problem!
What is Epoxy?
Epoxy is a two-part system where a liquid resin and hardener are mixed together and applied as a dense fluid. The resulting chemical reaction (exothermic process) forms a rigid plastic material that is strong, resistant to degradation and that bonds extremely well to its prepared substrate. Epoxy Floors are so strong that they can be used in even the most demanding of industrial environments.
Epoxy screed coating provides a cost-effective combination of durability, attractiveness, low maintenance and hygiene. In addition, an Epoxy coat can be applied directly over many types of existing flooring concrete, ceramic and steel.
Suitable for both interior and exterior floors, with excellent adhesion to concrete, having high abrasion & chemical resistance, a seamless finish and low maintenance costs, Epoxy floors are unsurprisingly the surface of choice for a large number of industrial, logistics, warehousing, engineering, retail, automotive, pharmaceutical and office environments.
IFC are specialists in epoxy coatings and offers a wide variety of customized solutions. Contact us today for more information.
Typical uses of Epoxy Screeds are;
- They are used to resurface gangways, oftentimes with concrete
- Production areas with a lot of traffic as they are highly durable in comparison to the various alternatives
- Chemical plants surfaces due to their excellent chemical resistance
- Water treatment facilities primarily due to their low-odor qualities as well as their other advantages
- Breweries and pub cellar floors due to their hygienic qualities coupled with low cost
- Engineering shops, steel work facilities, for their many advantages compared to possible alternatives.
- Electro plate workshops due to the wide array of advantages they bring
- Machine shops and mechanical garages as a result of high-durability and non-slip qualities
Advantages of Epoxy Screeds
- Epoxy screeds products of this nature are highly durable, which is why they are used in heavily trafficked areas. They can withstand wear and tear better than other flooring products.
- Epoxy screeds are non-slip. This is what makes them popular within industries where the use of water is prevalent like water treatment plants.
- Epoxy screeds are high strength. The strength of Epoxy screeds is what makes them quite handy in places, which have a lot of heavy machinery that can exert heavy pressure on floors like machine shops.
- Epoxy screeds have great resistance to chemicals, meaning that they can be used within chemical plants without being corroded.
- Epoxy screeds are easy to lay and maintain. This means that you can have them installed within a short time, and maintain them at a very low cost to your business.
- Epoxy screeds are non-porous, which means that they do not let fluids get within the underlying surface to cause damage. The lack of porosity enables Epoxy screeds to enhance hygienic levels.
- Epoxy screeds are also available in a wide range of colours